Our head of New Product Development and resident product reliability expert, Andrew Amirnovin, joins Adrian in this bonus episode to introduce and talk about UL compliance.
Andrew shares his experience to answer these questions:
- What is the UL certification?
- Who needs it and when?
- What kinds of products would typically need to be UL-tested?
- How much does it cost and how long does it take?
Listen: to the podcast episode
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings.
- 00:30 – The topic: UL compliance.
- 01:51 – What kind of product might be seen as a safety hazard?
- 02:48 – Where is UL usually required and is it mandatory?
- 05:53 – Risks if you do not do UL certification.
- 07:48 – How long does UL certification take and what does it cost?
- 13:00 – Do you need to re-certify a new version of your product?
- 15:36 – When should you start working on UL compliance testing?
- 19:40 – Some ideas to avoid doing full UL certification.
- 24:13 – Why UL compliance is important, which labs you need to use for the testing, and the kinds of advice and support we usually provide to help clients comply.
- 30:44 – Wrapping up.
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!
#Certification #Product #Safety #Important #Importers #Podcast