Our customers sometimes ask what affects the cost of product inspections. If you’re getting products manufactured in Asia (or anywhere, in fact), you’ll almost certainly be doing some kind of inspection before they’re shipped (we hope) and there’s a cost involved. But if we know what affects the cost, it may be possible to tweak the way we work or do inspections to get the best result at the best cost without increasing quality risks. After all, any saving is better than none!
So, hit play below to listen to insights from Renaud about the factors that can drive up product inspection costs, and ways to improve production processes to reduce the need for as many inspections.
Listen: to the podcast episode
- 01:19 – Today’s topic: QC inspections and how to reduce their cost.
- 02:46 – Elements from your (the buyer’s) side that drive inspection costs – 1. the product type.
- 06:33 – Inspecting a bicycle (example).
- 07:59 – Elements from your (the buyer’s) side that drive inspection costs – 2. ordering patterns.
- 09:52 – Elements from your (the buyer’s) side that drive inspection costs – 3. the choice of manufacturing facilities and how ‘good’ they are.
- 10:42 – Inspection processes that drive costs – 1. 100% or random sampling inspection?
- 12:14 – Inspection processes that drive costs – 2. Should you check every batch or use skip lot inspections?
- 13:08 – Inspection processes that drive costs – 3. Should you inspect close to the source or when you receive products as an incoming inspection?
- 15:31 – Approaches you can take to reduce the cost of random sampling inspections.
- 19:17 – Process engineering for the inspection process can make it more efficient.
- 24:20 – Quality: Pay me now or pay me later.
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!
#Reduce #Product #Inspection #Costs