One of Sofeast’s senior engineers, Paul Adams, guides you through 7 key tests that he’s done time after time over the years on the materials or components of new hard goods (typically metal and/or plastic products) in order to check that their quality, reliability, and safety is up to standard.
These are the 80/20 tests that most importers of hard goods will benefit from, so hit play and you’ll find out what each test is, the equipment used, the industries and products that use them, and more, so you can decide if they should be included in your testing plan.
Listen: to the podcast episode
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings.
- 01:04 – Introducing Paul Adams.
- 02:56 – Today’s topic: The tests most importers should consider performing on their hard goods and why.
- 05:44 – Test 1: Tensile test
- 16:20 – Why importers should have an understanding of test machine types.
- 17:20 – Test 2: Impact test.
- 25:46 – Test 3: Hardness test.
- 34:21 – Test 4: Flexural test (bend test).
- 42:06 – Test 5: Chemical analysis.
- 49:46 – Test 6: Fatigue testing.
- 57:09 – Test 7: Creep test.
- 1:04:26 – Summary of tests covered & wrapping up.
Need help with testing? Sofeast can help you devise and perform appropriate testing such as those outlined here on your materials/parts/product in our own lab: Reliability & Durability Testing (Products & Packaging in a China lab)
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!
#Tests #Hard #Goods #Podcast